This is one of my all time favourites as a starter: quick, dead simple and delicious.
So, for two, you will need:
- 400 grams of mushroom (chestnut or portobello works great!)
- 200 ml single cream
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp of tarragon
- A garlic clove
- Salt and pepper
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. Melt a generous knob of butter in a frying pan on high heat.
- Add the mushrooms, tossing frequently, until they brown a bit. Remember not to over cook the mushrooms, we want to keep a bit of a bite to them. Reduce the heat and add the cream and tarragon and season to taste.
- Toast the sourdough slices. Cut the garlic clove in half and rub the toasts.
- Arrange a toast on each plate and spoon the creamy mixture over them.